Got banned and would like to appeal? Click here! ×

Car meets channel is not being effective at the time to do a meet

YungSlow

It's happening and it's a thing, people don't see or check the discord channel car-meets. 30 minutes to wait for only 4 people to come to a zone. We know that this will avoid many people doing nonsense stuff in the meets, or random people, but we've not seing that this is effective at all. Its not our fault that many people just ask obvious questions in the chat and just spam things without sense at all. The fun is gone till we can advertise the meets again in at least lobby chat without being afraid to get a mute or get banned. As many mods always used to say: "Please advertise car meets in lobby chat". And I dont want to leave the server, I payed for the joyment I'm having, I feel confy at all and I made tons of friends here, but its not our fault. People that knows the rules are trying to do their best to see people back in meets. Yeah, it was only 1 day, but you all need to, at least, think about that new rule.

• Thanks 4

It's not even a question of being anyones fault, we announced the meet in discord as requested of us and proceeded to sit there for over 30 minutes to have 4 people arrive on scene, to where before one announcement in the lobby chat would be enough to bring at least 20 people. I don't mean to be disrespectful but this is ridiculous and I would like to ask the moderator team to please, for the love and memories i have in this server, to review this rule. Thank you in advance, much love. ❤️

Edited by Azemis
  • Like 3

The only downside you have pointed out is: not many people show up.
There is a good counter to that, which is making the channel more well-known and used.

I'm not going to list the channel's benefits and why this decision was made, but I'll let you know that this has been thought of as a solution to car meets' issues & problems after a lot of consideration (note that it is still missing a large part of the solution). Despite that downside, the channel's potential regarding organizing meets could outweigh any advantages Lobby chat has. Including how easily it is accessible in comparison to the channel.

I don't ask you to respect the decision, but, please, at least understand its pros and cons.
As community members and avid hosts of car meets, I ask you encourage players to use the channel to spread its popularity.

With all that said, feel free to suggest anything (whether it is about a better way to organize/advertise meets or anything else) on the feedback section on the forums

• Like 1

• Developer

Like Disaster said, there were valid reasons behind the channel being created, just like other channels in the same category.

One of the reasons why we made the decision to create the channels (and the rule of no advertising in chat) was to free-up the chat for other, more meaningful talk in the chat, such as questions in Global chat sent by new players that are legitimately asking for help with a certain undocumented feature. When players are announcing their meets in lobby chat every 10-60 seconds, it pushes people away from the chat, and for the new players specifically, it discourages them from asking questions when said questions are ignored and get no response.

The channels were created as a temporary solution to an issue of a part of the server that needed some care - and up until the parties UI, they were (admittedly) used more than they are now.

The goal of the parties UI was to move away from those channels on Discord and have players be able to host their own parties and car meets without needing to know the commands, but even now with it implemented and usable, not many people know about it until it's mentioned in chat.

I think that we'll change the rule of "no advertising in chat" to allow it, but to suggest people to join the party/meet via F5 (party management UI) instead of spamming long lines of text (with your zone location, etc). The goal here is still to reduce the amount of spam that comes from players advertising meets, but also to make parties more known and used this time around.

Let us know what you think about this idea and if it's something that you and the players within the car meet community will be happy with.

Thanks 🙂 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, nex said:

Like Disaster said, there were valid reasons behind the channel being created, just like other channels in the same category.

One of the reasons why we made the decision to create the channels (and the rule of no advertising in chat) was to free-up the chat for other, more meaningful talk in the chat, such as questions in Global chat sent by new players that are legitimately asking for help with a certain undocumented feature. When players are announcing their meets in lobby chat every 10-60 seconds, it pushes people away from the chat, and for the new players specifically, it discourages them from asking questions when said questions are ignored and get no response.

The channels were created as a temporary solution to an issue of a part of the server that needed some care - and up until the parties UI, they were (admittedly) used more than they are now.

The goal of the parties UI was to move away from those channels on Discord and have players be able to host their own parties and car meets without needing to know the commands, but even now with it implemented and usable, not many people know about it until it's mentioned in chat.

I think that we'll change the rule of "no advertising in chat" to allow it, but to suggest people to join the party/meet via F5 (party management UI) instead of spamming long lines of text (with your zone location, etc). The goal here is still to reduce the amount of spam that comes from players advertising meets, but also to make parties more known and used this time around.

Let us know what you think about this idea and if it's something that you and the players within the car meet community will be happy with.

Thanks 🙂 

Yes, I agree with all of Disaster and you sayed about the pushed comments in All / Lobby chat that makes some questions not answered.

As you guys promote to advertise the meets in the discord channel car-meets, maybe could be a possibility to advertise too the FAQ web page of rsm so people dont need to ask in the All / lobby chat pushing at the same time other people's messages too from all kind of chats, because people to be honest, sometimes are kinda lazy to check the RSM FAQ web page or type /help even if they dont know how to spawn a car or join a party, just because people in the game or the moderators can answer to that.

In addition, people are using pretty well the parties to join meets and see where the people is and dont get lost or just even to have a peacefull time cruising with friends. The new UI system is much better than the last one typing in the chat a command to create a party.

Last but not least, the idea to change the rule to suggest people to join a party / meet via F5 could be a better option to make sure people join the meets so they can see it in the lobby chat.

To conclude, people that know the new rule will now advertise the meets in the channel now, it always will be people announcing meets in All chat, but we ask moderators to mute or just do whatever they think is the best way to stop from those people to announcing the meets. Thats one way to let people now that if you are not following the basic rules, you can be punished.

Thank you both for the reply and yes, we'll suggest new things to improve the server and the community in a future.

Edited by YungSlow
  • Thanks 1

Both of you mentioned very good and valid points and I appreciate your quick answers. All we want from this is a more effective way of dealing with the car meets, since they are one of the main focuses of the chill lobby and have since the implementation of that specific rule, dwindled. If I understood correctly then the better way of dealing with the car meet advertisements is yet to be implemented, yes? Then maybe the car-meet channel along with temporary allowing advertising car meet parties in the lobby chat would help? Just an idea to think on, either way, thank you to you both and the rest of the moderator team for all your hard work. Much love ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1