Got banned and would like to appeal? Click here! ×

Improved Car Meet Communications Continued...

PilotCam

Hello everyone, I want to just say I made this document about a week ago the first day it was enforced. I have held off from posting but feel like I should just get the idea out there. I've read the threads about this topic and want to continue to push the players mind on the topic. I really appreciate everything you all do for the server and hope to continue to grow its future! I don't want to make any drama or make anyone upset! This is just my opinion on the topic here. Thank you all again. 

My account is PilotCam on RSM. It has come to my attention and many others that a rule that has been around for a very long time is now being strictly enforced to stop advertising car meets within the lobby chat in game. This rule states that you must use the RSM discord #car-meets channel to announce any car meets and not to advertise said meets in the game lobby chat. I want to go through a couple issues and just put my input along with many others that host meets in this. With this rule being strictly enforced now anyone who advertises any such meet will be first warned and later muted if still advertising the meet. Now that you all have an idea of what this rule is lets dive into what exactly the issue is.
    First lets talk about the main issue which is that anyone coming into the server will have no idea where any meets are unless they either 1.) Look at the RSM #car-meets discord channel, 2.) Look on the map to see where people are which is kind of buggy for some reason atm, or 3.) To hope someone messages in the lobby chat against the rules about where the car meet is taking place. I want to add that I have talked to many people and I have heard the same thing over and over and over again in which it has only been one day of the rule being enforced. It has been a group agreement that no one checks the #car-meets discord channel for meets, when you load up into the game people are there to hangout at car meets and chill. People that are coming in want to know where the meets are, once you post in the #car-meets discord that is just one singular zone that you are at, not where you have moved, not where you are headed, there is no organization to how the meets happen anymore. This is why no one wants to host meets at the moment. 
    Next, the issue comes into play that people need to join your party to know where the meet is moving. For example lets say a non supporter wants to host a meet, they are only allowed 5 people to join their party to know where that meet is, where that meet is going, and to get the waypoint for the next area. We can even assume an Ultimate Supporter like myself is hosting, I will only be allowed 50 people to join the party. The other day I hosted a 60+ person meet in which only 15 of those joined the party, so if this rule was in place then, no one would have any idea where the meet was moving too or is at. On top of this not everyone at the meet would be allowed in the party because of the player cap. Now you might say just type in local chat, what about those people who are just joining the server trying to find where the meet is? How would they find it with a full party and not being able to type anything in the lobby chat about the meet. This rule cuts off the main idea of even hosting a meet. 
    Thirdly, you may think well we don't want you typing in lobby chat because it takes up room on peoples screen or that the announcement is getting to regular. Not being able to announce in chat does not make people want to come checkout the meet, it does not bring any traffic if no one sees what is happening. Meets will continue to be dead if you restrict the only reason most people want to come on the server, to hangout at meets. If people do not want to see the announcement they can easily press L to close to chat so it is either not visible or to where only pops up when someone types. This allows for anyone not wanting to come to the meet stop seeing the message on their screen. On top of this adding a T - TAB over to a Car meet channel would also be a great idea to fix this! I understand that you all do not want cluster within the chat and I have tried to think of many ways around this but hope we can find something. 
    I do not want to make this super long or boring at all, I want to get the idea out to you guys to see the players standing on this issue. I doubt many people will talk on this issue because they don't want to be that center of attention on it, but it is making many players upset. All of the main car meet hosts such as myself have stopped hosting because of it, we can't regulate our meets, keep them organized, or have a good time because of this rule. I have even heard some players being scarred to even host at zones because they do not want to get muted or even banned. I appreciate all your guys hard work and hope we can find a way around this issue to keep having large, fun, exciting meets that hosts want to be at! I want to continue bringing more people, supporters, and good memories to all that join the server in the future. 
Thank you for hearing a large group of us out within this, we respect your position as higher ups and just hope for a smooth and healthy transition to fix this to bring the server more joy and popularity. We appreciate all the hard work and dedication you put into the server and hope for a successful future! 

PilotCam 

• Thanks 4