Got banned and would like to appeal? Click here! ×

Can't join Discord

Rince

Hello, I have a problem, when I try to join the RSM Freeroam discord server, discord loads constantly. I have already join the server once. I think i got banned but o don't know why and for how long, I created a second account and the same, impossible to join. My Discord, Rince#6763 . Thank you for your help.

• Like 1

Same here... Made a mistake of posting a link to a video and RSM was removed from my Discord without any message to the reason why.

I'm pretty sure it was the link that triggered it. But there's just no way to remove the post, remedy or even know if it's a ban or kick. No information whatsoever.

No idea how to get back on, it now refuses to add RSM to my discord.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tifa said:

Same here... Made a mistake of posting a link to a video and RSM was removed from my Discord without any message to the reason why.

I'm pretty sure it was the link that triggered it. But there's just no way to remove the post, remedy or even know if it's a ban or kick. No information whatsoever.

Depending on what link you posted, it should only be a temp ban for 3 days from the discord.

• Like 1

For me, I had my Discord account hacked not long ago, and it sent links for Discord Nitros but that to my friend not on the servers, so I don't know what could have caused that.

Edited by Rince
  • Confused 1

may be that suggestions and feedback bot linking what we post from the website bc i know for a fact i didnt post a link in the discord

$25 USD a month to get treated like a peasant in the only organized information location for the server

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Sims said:

may be that suggestions and feedback bot linking what we post from the website bc i know for a fact i didnt post a link in the discord

$25 USD a month to get treated like a peasant in the only organized information location for the server

You got told why when you made the ticket, not sure what more you want from us to do.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rince said:

I just want to know why i can't join the Discord and if i can come back on the Discord

Feel free to dm me on here about it as this is not place to discuss it.  

• Like 2

• ney locked this topic
  • Developer
On 6/8/2022 at 10:40 AM, Sims said:

So your suspected reason for getting banned is because a bot sent a link? I don't see how that makes sense.

On 6/8/2022 at 10:40 AM, Sims said:

You pay to financially support the server and get some perks and benefits in return. Those perks and benefits do not include being treated any differently to other players, as we treat everyone as fairly and un-biased as possible which is already more than what other communities on the platform do and has to say. Supporters are not exempt from automatic moderation on Discord either.

On 6/7/2022 at 9:31 PM, Tifa said:

Probably because you were banned, yes.

A quick reminder that the link filter on Discord is in place to thwart scam links from being posted, and we are still building a list of legitimate links that people may post (and you can suggest more through feedback.rsm.gg - just remember to select 'Discord' as the type) - so as a general warning, be very cautious about the links that you're sending on the Discord server, and if you feel like it's harmless then open a ticket and ask about it before you send it.

As Yonji said, all link-related bans are three days long, and are usually not lifted after the first innocent offense or two.

• Like 2